Oldal: 4 / 4 ElsőElső ... 234
Eredmény: 31 - 37 (37) összesen
Like Tree5Likes

Téma: The Well - Andrew Brokos aka "foucault82"

Idegen

Alapbeállítás

Idézet tob1n eredeti hozzászólása Hozzászólás megtekintése
    Hey Andrew, thanks for doing the well for us!

I suppose you live in the US now, but isn't it an alternative for you to live and settle for example, in Europe? We know a few American pros who chose this and they're quite happy with their decision...
    I kinda go back and forth at the moment. Spent some time in Canada, came back to the US, then went to Europe for three months, back to US, went to Montreal for WCOOP, back to US, went to PCA, back to US, will go abroad again to play SCOOP. I'm a little older probably than the people you're talking about, and I think it would be a bit more disruptive to my life to move abroad permanently.

Phil Ivey just won his 9th WSOP title. How do you feel about that as a live tournament player?
    I don't consider myself a live tournament player. In fact I just won my first live MTT since I've been a professional (8 years). Mostly I play either cash or really large-field MTTs like the WSOP when I play live.

Ivey's obviously a great player and seems like he has a really badass table presence as well. I sat with him once - he was on my immediate left on Day 2 of my first PCA Main Event. Unfortunately I lost AK < AQ on the second hand so I didn't get much chance to play with him.

What do you think about Andre Coimbra's chances of doing his challenge? Do you think it's possible for him to finish it, or it's too early to say?
    Well I am coaching him so how can he lose?! Honestly, I would have bet against him at the start of the year, but he's gotten off to an amazing start and at this point I would say that his odds of making it are extremely good. Andre is a really driven guy, and when he sets his mind to something, he usually gets it done.

Idegen

Alapbeállítás

Thanks for the answers just out of curiosity a few more:

There's this theory nowadays that math-head poker players will eventually develop the optimal game theory, which will cause the end of "natural" talents such as Isildur1 and players who mostly play following their feelings and intuition. Do you agree with this statement?

Do you see a potential in Zynga? Lot of buzz out there about this one...Do you think it might bring about another poker boom?

What do you think about Chinese poker? Can it be the new hold'em as many speculate?

Tag

Alapbeállítás

Andrew,

What do you think, what is the perfect age for being a poker player?

And for how long can be a player on his/her personal top? Does the burn out of poker players exist? If it exists, what can be the signs of burning out? And what can a player do against it?
    Utoljára módosítva: nbzmgpkr által: 2013. 04. 10. 18:56

Idegen

Alapbeállítás

Idézet tob1n eredeti hozzászólása Hozzászólás megtekintése
    Thanks for the answers just out of curiosity a few more:

There's this theory nowadays that math-head poker players will eventually develop the optimal game theory, which will cause the end of "natural" talents such as Isildur1 and players who mostly play following their feelings and intuition. Do you agree with this statement?
    I doubt they'll find THE optimal solution, but it seems inevitable that closer and closer approximations will be found. I think already there aren't a lot of "natural talents" who don't understand the math at least reasonably well. Some of them may play up an image of being "feel players", but I think that anyone succeeding at the stakes Isildur plays has a solid understanding of what he's doing and why.

Ultimately this will just make the more solvable forms of poker (short-stacked games, heads up games, games like Texas Hold 'Em with a limited amount of unknown information) less popular at the higher stakes. Probably less solvable games will get more popular over time.

Do you see a potential in Zynga? Lot of buzz out there about this one...Do you think it might bring about another poker boom?
    I don't know much about it, but from what I do know, the potential seems tremendous.

What do you think about Chinese poker? Can it be the new hold'em as many speculate?
    I've never played it, but I think it's growing in popularity precisely because it ISN'T the new hold 'em. It's a good example of a less solvable game that has more gamble to it. At least at the moment there isn't much in the way of well-established strategy easily available, and a lot of people probably overestimate how good they are at it, which is a recipe for a successful game.

Idegen

Alapbeállítás

Idézet nbzmgpkr eredeti hozzászólása Hozzászólás megtekintése
    Andrew,

What do you think, what is the perfect age for being a poker player?
    I think one of the great things about poker is that appeals to so many different types of people for so many different reasons. There are card rooms in the US where the median age of the players, at least at certain times of day, is probably 60 years old, and others where it's probably 22. I'm sure it's hard for older people to stay at their sharpest, particularly over a long period of time such as eight days for the WSOP main event, but there are still plenty of seniors who play for the compansionship and what not and a few who can still hack it with the young guns.

Younger pros can take advantage of the freedom it provides to travel the world, but older pros appreciate having more flexibility to work at home and spend time with their families.

And for how long can be a player on his/her personal top? Does the burn out of poker players exist? If it exists, what can be the signs of burning out? And what can a player do against it?
    Just don't play so much that you get sick of the game. Don't force yourself to play when you don't feel like it, play different types of games, take breaks, and if you really get sick of it, go do something else with your life. Burnout is probably a healthy thing, it's what prevents stagnation.

Tag

Alapbeállítás

thanks.

one more, last question:

if you were a beginner now, and you are just one click away from making your first deposit to a poker site, what would you do totally different in your poker player career then you did? i mean, i'm not just interested in the beginning, but your whole life in poker.

Idegen

Alapbeállítás

Idézet nbzmgpkr eredeti hozzászólása Hozzászólás megtekintése
    thanks.

one more, last question:

if you were a beginner now, and you are just one click away from making your first deposit to a poker site, what would you do totally different in your poker player career then you did? i mean, i'm not just interested in the beginning, but your whole life in poker.
    One thing that probably would have been a huge shot-in-the-arm for my career would have been spending a summer in Vegas with a couple of other poker players. It seems like there are a bunch of people who got a whole lot better as a result of doing that. It might not be as practical for a Hungarian, but the point is that making poker friends and spending some time immersed in the game when you are at the peak of your excitement about it and really primed to learn is a great way to get better.

Oldal: 4 / 4 ElsőElső ... 234

Hozzászólás szabályai

• Új témákat nem hozhatsz létre
  • Válaszokat nem küldhetsz
  • Fájlokat nem csatolhatsz
  • A hozzászólásaidat nem módosíthatod
  •